The WWDC’13 Events and PAR-TAY List!
Holy Guacamole – It’s Almost Time for WWDC!!
…between Sun, June 9th and the beer bash at the Yerba Buena Gardens on June 13th, and the close of WWDC on June 14th there’s a lot of partying.. er, I mean networking to be done.
As pretty much everyone knows, this year’s WWDC sold out in somewhere between 68 and 90 seconds. (Yes, seconds!!) This year we’re going to ferature TWO kinds of events alternate WWDC events and WWDC-week parties. So, hopefully if you’re in SF — either for WWDC proper, or for the WWDC-aura, you can get involved in all that’s going on in town.
Alternate WWDC-Week Conferences
- AltWWDC, An open alternative to Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference, sponsored by Appsterdam Where: 835 Market ST SF, RSVP via EventBrite
- AltLABs at AltWWDC - lots of techniceal sessions all week from the likes of the Heroku Team, Thomas Dohmke (HockeyApp), Landon Fuller (PLCrashReporter), Marcus Zarra (Core Data guru!) and others.
Day by Day:
Weds, June 12th:
- CocoaPods 2nd Annual WWDC Meetup, 5-9PM, Where: Heavybit, 325 9th Street, SF, RSVP via EventBrite
Saturday, June 8th – Sunday, June 9th:
- Sunday: sfMacIndie pre-WWDC party. When: 5:00 to 9:00 PM, Where: Jillians, 101 4th Street (near Mission), SF Cost: $10 to $15, RSVP on the sfMacIndie Sponsors Page.
Monday, June 10th:
- Women at WWDC Lunch sponsored Yahoo! Mobile and Emerging Technologies Team, when: 12:00-2:00pm, Where: Osha Thai 149 Second Street, SF. RSVP via EventBrite. NB: Event only open to persons who identify as women; Follow wwdcgirls on Twitter for other event announcements
- NeXTEVNT – Cartoon Art Museum Fundraiser – When: 4-9PM, Where: Cartoon Art Museum, Tickets $200, RSVP required (obviously!)
- WWDC Bash mini – sponsored by our friends at InvasiveCode and iDeveloperTV. Where: The Runway, 1355 Market St, San Francisco, When: Starts at 7PM. No RSVP required.
- Push IO WWDC 2013 Party, When: 8pm – 12Midnight – location: TBA (near Moscone West) – RSVP required
- Crashlytics WWDC Kick-off Party, When 8-11PM, Where: The Chambers, 601 Eddy Street, SF RSVP required
- Spotify WWDC Developer Meetup, When: 6:30 – 9:15pm, Where: IGN 625 2nd Street, SF, RSVP required
Tuesday, June 11th:
- Breakfast of Champions by AppsFire 7:45 AM to 8:45 AM - open to developers whose “app score” is above 30 according to AppsFire. Sign up via EventBrite.
- Night of Meat – when: 6:30-??, Where: TBA (usually Espetus Brazillian Steakhouse), keep upon the latest by following @WWDCNightofMeat on Twitter or App.net.
- Soothsaying with Aaron Hillegass, When 7PM; Where: Apple Store, One Stockton Street, San Francisco, RSVP via Email
Wednesday, June 12th:
- 3rd Annual CocoaHeads convenor breakfast MMXIII, 7:30am to 8:45am, wher: Pivotal Labs, 875b Howard St, SF; Contact the host for an invite (via EventBrite).
- WWDC Photo Walk – time: 6:15PM – <whenever>; Where: From the Powell Street BART to Pier 39. Please note this is a longer walk this year (about 2 miles) with some decent uphill sections. RSVP: Not required, but dropping a quick not to the organizer, Michael Fey, on Twitter will help him plan for crowd size . You can follow @WWDCPhotoWalk on Twitter and/or App.net for developments as they happen. There’s also a WWDC Photo Walk channel on Glassboard for more in-depth convos and info.
- Apples and Oranges; WWDC Session Reactions from the Experts sponsored by AppOrchard & PivotalLabs, when: 6:30-8PM. Where: Pivotal Labs - 875 Howard St, SF. RSVP via EventBrite
- James Dempsey and the Breakpoints, Live Near WWDC 2013; When: 7:00-8:30pm, Where: 50 Mason Social House, 50 Mason St, SF. Open to all – no WWDC ticket or reservation required!
Thursday, June 13th:
- WWDC Beer Bash – Yerba Buena Garden 750 Howard Street, SF (right across Howard St from WWDC) – open only to WWDC badge holders
- EverNote Developer Meetup, Where: Thirsty Bear 661 Howard St, SF. When: 6-9PM, RSVP: none – just show up!
- Big Nerd Ranch Gypsy Caravan, When:8 p.m; Where: Creativity Museum, 221 4th Street, San Francisco. RSVP via Email