Cocos2d Extensions – Useful Tools All in One Place
Quality: Production – in use by a large number of projects
License: The MIT License
This is collected repository for a number of Cocos2d extensions that provide the following (from the project docs):
- [iOS/Mac] CCMenuAdvanced – CCMenu subclass with additional features: relativeAnchor, more align options, priority property, scrolling with swipe/trackpad/mousewheel
- [iOS/Mac] CCMenuItemSpriteIndependent – CCMenuItemSprite Subclass, that doesnt add normal/selected/disabled images (sprites) as children. It retains them and delegates rect & convertToNodeSpace: methods to normalImage_. So it’s possible to use CCSpriteBatchNode & add position sprites of menuItem anyway you want.
- [iOS/Mac] CCVideoPlayer – Simple Video Player for Cocos2D apps.
- [iOS/Mac] CCBigImage – Dynamic Tiled Node for holding Large Images.
- [iOS/Mac] CCSlider – Little Slider Control to allow the user to set the music/sfx/etc level in the range of 0.0f to 1.0f.
- [iOS/Mac] CCSendMessages – CCActionInstant subclass, that is more flexible than other CCActions that run functions. Can be used in many cases as blocks replacement.
- [iOS] CCScrollLayer – CCLayer subclass that lets you pass-in an array of layers and it will then create a smooth scroller. Complete with the “snapping” effect.
- [iOS/Mac] FilesDownloader – Downloader for a group of files with shared source path
This is the beginning of a dedicated repository in the official Cocos2d tree to catalog community contributed and supported extensions. Of course having these all in one place is a great boon to the “findability” of these useful additions, but what’s even better is that you can add them as a submodule to you own Git-based projects and then selectively include the parts you want and keep them up to date without any muss or fuss. Note that as with most Cocos2d code they can be used for both iOS as well as MacOSX Cocos2d development. MacOSX support has allowed a large number of popular iOS apps to make their debut on the Mac App Store.